Wine-Mate 4500SSI Split Ceiling-Recessed Wine Cooling System
Lead time is 12-14 weeks prior to shipping.
WINE~MATE split ceiling-recessed cooling systems WM-4500SSI are designed to provide a cold environment between 50~65 °F with a humidity range within 50~75% RH for a properly insulated wine cellar. These temperature and humidity ranges are optimized for long term storage of wine like that in natural caves. SSI evaporator units can be recessed in the ceiling in a wine room. The evaporator units provide 6” low profile and whisper quiet operation. SSI evaporator units have a special coil coating and provide flushed installation. SSI cooling systems consist of a remote condensing unit and an evaporator unit and they are connected by a liquid line and an insulated suction line. SSI condensing units can be located away from the wine cellars up to 75 ft so that noise and compressor vibration are isolated.
Wine~Mate cooling systems are also perfect for storing fine fur, cigars, leather goods, chocolate and salami! For an additional cost, Wine~Mate systems can be customized for your exact storage needs - please call for more information!
Detailed installation and clearance guidelines:
View the Owner's Manual for this unit (PDF)
- SSI Split Wine Cooling System provides ceiling-recessed installation.
- SSI evaporator units have a water-repellent self-cleaning and anti-microbial coat helps your equipment stay efficient and actively kills harmful bio-film growth.
- SSI condensing units shall not be exposed to temperatures higher than 110°F or lower than 50°F. If the exhaust ambient temperature exceeds 110 °F, one size larger unit must be used.
- Low ambient kit for below 50°F cold weather operation
- Outdoor enclosure is included with condensing unit.
AVAILABLE OPTIONS and CONFIGURATIONS:
- Touch button temperature controller with bottle probe or touch screen WiFi thermostat with humidity monitoring
- Optional Wine Bottle Probe: Provides the most accurate reading of your wine's temperature. The probe measures the temperature of the liquid inside the bottle to ensure your wine is kept at the ideal temperature and plugs directly into your cellar cooling system.
- Our new digital controller provides 3 connections. One of them can be used as bottle probe, the other can be used for the alarm. Both bottle probe and alarm feature can be available at the same time.
- Note: The bottle probe, heating, and quick chill functions are not compatible with WI-FI thermostat.
- This unit can be configured for use with 220V/50Hz voltage. Please call us at 1-800-777-8466 for more details.
SPECS & RESOURCES
Evaporator Unit Specs: 115V / 60Hz / 1A, ETL & NSF listed, 60 lbs
Evaporator Unit Dimensions: 60-3/16”L x 16-3/16”W x 6-3/8”H
Condensing Unit Specs: 115V / 60Hz / 6A, UL listed, 60 lbs
Condensing Unit Dimensions: 18"L x 14"W x 12"H
Coverage size: 1000 cubic feet
Noise level: 53 dBA
For use at ambient temperature up to 110 °F
NOTE: Split systems must be installed by a certified refrigeration technician. Purchase does not include the copper tubing.
Wine-Mate split cooling systems use EC fan motors that meet federal regulation of 10 CFR 431.306 and are required by the federal law.
Do You Have the Right Wine-Mate Wine Cooling System For Your Project?
Find the best cooling system for your wine cabinet or wine cellar by calculating the heat load using one of our calculators.
You will have the following advantages of using a bottle probe.
1) Air temperature in the cabinet may fluctuate, but the wine temperature in the bottle is constant.
2) You can put a cooling unit in a full wine cabinet and show both the air temperature and bottle temperature.
Note: Wine-Mate cooling systems cannot have both the Bottle Probe and Wi-Fi optional features plugged in at the same time. It can only be one or the other.
(Click image to enlarge PDF)
Please allow 2-3 business weeks for production. Thank you.
Note: These cooling systems require professional installation by licensed refrigeration technicians.